Here are some of the most common cultural differences from Binh Duong New City, Vietnam:
- The use of business cards is very popular in Vietnam. A traditional greeting consists of placing the palms of the hands together and bowing the head. Shaking hands can also be done, of course, although in times of corona, the traditional greeting is a suitable alternative.
- Want to make an appointment with a Vietnamese business partner? Make this appointment far in advance. Also, always be on time.
- If you go out to dinner with your business partner do not be alarmed by the loud music or karaoke that takes place during or after dinner. Vietnamese cuisine is cooked a lot with rice, noodles and soup as its base.
- Know the basics of the (Vietnamese) language. It’s always good to know a few basic words before engaging in conversation with your foreign business partner. An translator is definitely recommended during these conversations because English is not mastered at a professional level in all cases.
- Introduction by Mr. Evert-Jan Schouwstra –WTC Leeuwarden
- Presenting Binh Duong New City video